The below information is used as a guide to facilitate medical transport for the purpose of ongoing medical care and follow-up as indicated.
- It is imperative that we obtain all the necessary documentation and that we speak to the relevant people before we make an informed decision and issue our recommendations: MR, FTF, direct conversation with the treating physician/family/companions, etc
- We revise treatment regularly and abide by the repatriation time guidelines.
- Air Ambulances is only recommended if:
- The patient´s condition is unlikely to improve in 3-4 weeks
- If the repatriation cannot be done by commercial airline at any point
- In case of urgent repatriation when the facility does not have the means to treat the patient
Specific items unique to medical transport:
Oxygen arrangements require 48-72 hours in advance of departure.
Air Ambulance arrangements require 4 to 24 hours in advance of departure depending on location. Commercial stretcher arrangements require 5 to 7 days in advance of departure time may increase depending on location and availability (please note that some routes do not offer stretcher service)
Medical escort(s) arrangements require 24-48 hours in advance of departure.
Please note that as a European Company we are bound to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and we expect all other entities (in and out of Europe) which we share sensitive information with to also comply with this regulation. By clicking this box 0 you confirm that your company is GDPR compliant.